Hopeless Romantic

I deleted my Tinder account and the rest of the dating apps on my phone yesterday night. I am an old soul and a hopeless romantic living in a world that expects me to be everything I’m not – some days it feels like a curse. Sometimes I’m forced to be a loner because no one really understands me and the more I hang out with people the more I ask myself if I came from Mars? It feels like I just can’t fall in love, I do not want to waste time texting someone who does not understand the meaning behind my text, who doesn’t read and understands the bio on the intro column.  

People don’t want the kind of love I am giving, people no longer understand the message I’m looking for, people these day only chose to live by the surface. People no longer understand the meaning behind an old-fashioned romance, they are looking for instant connection, hook-ups, casual dates, and it just felt like the more I stand at the crossroad trying to meet someone, the more I want to withdraw after standing in the middle of the crowded street. The more I don’t want to have any human interaction.

It feels like I’m alive but I’m not actually living because I wake up every day and I don’t know if I’m happy, if I existed in the right generation. Communication is shallow, the words are meaningless and the bond is weak; people talk but no longer connect. I long for conversations that never end, for words that are real and heartfelt, for a connection between souls.

I kept trying to find meaning in an empty world. I kept fighting for something that isn’t going to come true. I held on to an empty hope and dream that I would somehow find the home I had been looking for. I kept trying to find where I belong.