I need to be reminded too

I feel a-lot! I have depths within me, an ocean for a heart and I keep falling for people who are too afraid to swim. I give and give and give; tearing pieces of my paper soul into the smallest fragments just to light up a dying soul. I hurt, I ache, wondering if someone will ever give me the love I gave so freely for everyone, wondering if there will come a time when someone will asks how I am doing, how I am coping with life, how I am healing?

And when that doesn’t happen, I heal myself. I find strength in things other than people. I find energy in my solitude; I find hope in my daydreams. I build myself up, tell myself that I don’t need anyone to save me, that I don’t need anyone to steady my foundation. But I do.

I am that girl who smiles the biggest but holds the biggest hurt. I am the girl who is always there to listen to everyone story but no one was ever there to listen to mine. I am the girl who encourages everyone that they’re appreciated, that they matter but those words are often spoken because I needed to hear them myself. Those words are spoken for my heart to remind myself that I need to rest, I do not need to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, that I cannot save everyone, I cannot heal every hurt and that I am worthy of love.