Modern Relationship still Freaks Me Out

The modern dating world has come to a point that relationship isn’t just relationship. We’ve got serious relationship, open relationship, almost relationship, texting relationship, and the list could go on and on.

This modern dating still freaks me out till today because it’s impossible to distance from someone that triggered the heart once. I struggle to move on, to tell them I can live without them because it seems like they’re just everywhere from the laptop to the phone and the tablet screens. I try to avoid all traces of the existence but there’s always a tag or a Facebook memory that brings back all the memories all at once.

Closure is impossible to achieve in this modern world. Relationships end without warning, it could end with a text – or with an unanswered text. Without a face-to-face conversation, most questions are left unanswered. Most wounds are left bleeding, and it’s hard to move on from something you have been holding on to. I always blame it on the bad timing and also chemistry; and I will eat up all the guilt inside myself.