Dating Apps today

I think I have a little too much dating apps in my phone than usual for the past 1 month. Because why not? Dating apps should be a lifesaver for people like me, who looks for conversation but always having an excuse not to meet up. I’m given that chance to interact with people at my free time – which should make conversation easier?

However, I am still not willing to take that change, to give myself a chance. It doesn’t matter how fluent the conversation goes, I would never be comfortable over meeting someone, and the thought of them that I might one day be together, just freaks me out all over again. The whole purpose of using dating apps is so that the relationship doesn’t get passed the texting phase. It never does for me.

I psych myself out by considering every angle, every potential scenario of having the opportunity to get to know someone who could have been good for me. But I guess this goes around the same for those who are using the dating apps, who has a hard time overcoming their fears of opening the heart to someone in.