I am not depressed not weak.

I don’t have depression, I kept reminding myself that. Those list written on the internet isn’t going to justify my level of happiness. All the thoughts that has been running inside of me only happens in my head, and none of them are true. I’m not weak, I remind myself every night.

I’m not sad. In fact, depression isn’t sadness. Sometimes I can’t think, most of the times all I can do is think about things I’d rather not. I think about everything that has gone wrong and everything that is yet to go wrong. On some mornings, I wake up, although some nights I haven’t slept at all. Sometimes, I just want to sleep in so I could stay with my imaginary world where everything is all about happiness.

But, I still get out of bed every morning. I look into my phone with a list of Good Morning texts from different people every day. I don’t want to answer either of the text where every Good Morning text comes with a big sun and flower, and I’ve to find something positive to answer. I don’t want anyone to start asking me about my life or how well I’m doing because I just want my friendship to stays above the shallow. I think about every possibility that has a terrible ending. And I live through them, again and again.

But, I still talk. I will still let the conversation roll on just like any normal hangout. But I just want to hide under the blankets, not because I’m lazy, not because I don’t have dreams, trust me I do. Because I don’t think they’re real. I don’t think I can do it, and I lack the motivation to try. I will tell myself to get up, I will tell myself I will smile and laugh and have a productive day. But it’s hard to be motivated when you just can’t feel.

But I still try. I still leave the house, I will attend that random gathering and that unexpected dates. I want to laugh and smile and tell jokes with my friends. I want to have dinner with my family and tell stories about my day. But sometimes I don’t have a real reason, there’s nothing stopping me. But I just can’t gather enough energy to do anything. But I’m still here. I stay up all night, watching the lights fade away one after another and the sun rise back up.

I live for the moments like that, in hope one day, they will be my life. I will keep going, because it’s the only thing left to do.