Can we re-do the twenties?

I’ve got an identity crisis. I heard this is what happen when you’re getting close to the big 30. We’re not happy. We don’t know what we want. We feel hopeless and despondent. We’re still young and yet... it just doesn’t feel young. The best years seems to have skip through our lives without noticing it and what’s next is just... getting older. Every night, life will remind us on how much time we’ve wasted, so much time floating around and not willing to commit. What have we been doing for the past decade? An entire decade of adulthood has passed by us, and all we did was... nothing. No achievement, no goals, no bucket list tick off.

I guess this is what happened when we hit a milestone age. But I have a feeling we’re down on ourselves because we’re not living up to who we though we’d be by this age. I’m not sure about others, but I just felt like I had not progress into the person I thought I’d grow into. I could list off every accomplishment I thought I’d have ticket off my list by 30, but I have achieved nothing.

A decade ago, I look up high rise of 30 with wonderment, projecting all my most exciting hopes and dreams onto this age. Well, because 40 is too far away to conceptualize and 50 is unfathomable. But 30! Oh, the person we’d be, so well-adjusted, so successful, so sexy, so everything we weren’t when we just got our drivers’ license. And then life happens. It happens in the most extraordinary, dull, boring, fun, amazing, exhilarating, heartbreaking moments. We get busy in the business of living and project out more, and dreams changed and we get distracted along the way.

Now that we’re coming to an end, can we re-do the twenties one more time, I promise to live it better. I promise not to put you through so much roller coaster ride of emotions. I promise to love better and take more chances for the heart. If we could just re-do the twenties once more, I promise it would be an amazing one this time!