My Car Is My Quiet Place

On some nights after a long day at work, I would sit inside the car just to feel the music because I simply hadn’t gather the energy to go home, to put back that smile on my face I’d wore throughout the day. There has always been the comfort of sitting inside the car alone, it’s that only moment where you’re closest to feeling alive and that quiet moment is yours with no one to share.

Sitting in the car provides escape in so many ways, there is so much possibility that lies behind the wheel. When sitting there, working through the wreckage of your latest storm, the control is all mine. Whether to stay or go, and for how long, all comes down to me. In those moments when it feels that you’re not in control of your own life, it’s that tiny bit of freedom, that choice, that hold on the broken pieces a little longer. Giving me the time to remember the strength I still have.

And no one would understand how beautiful it is just to have that little 10 minutes out of the chaotic 24 hours. It’s those little moments that allow us to hold on a little longer.