Falling for a Random Stranger

I don’t usually fall in love, but when I do it’s always on a random stranger. It can happen anywhere; on plane rides, on the street or even text messages. It can happen on a Tuesday afternoon. One moment, where I am mindlessly going through my daily routine not aware of what’s going around me thinking about everything and nothing at the same time.

And then out of nowhere it happens. A simple “what’s up?”, all of the sudden I woke up. The world is colorful again. It’s painted with stardust and is made up of a thousand suns. And I felt alive. My heart begin to flutter each time the phone buzzes. I start to smile at my phone again and I would be lying if my heart doesn’t smile a  little each time he ends the conversation with a heart.

All it takes is one stranger to make it all come alive. All it takes is one simple conversation to light my world back on fire and I wasn’t even looking. I wasn’t even allowing myself to fall for someone and I had to remind myself not to fall for a random stranger every night.