Happy yet Terrified!

The world seems so much brighter than I could remember it to be and I see so much beauty that I don’t remember what it felt like to be in the dark. My chest feels lighter and nothing is able to wipe a smile from my face. I genuinely feel like I am flying and seeing the world from a new angle, from happiness. But I’m terrified!

I’m terrified because all of the sudden, the ground seems like a foreign place to me. I don’t remember what it felt like to be down, I just knew it was a dark place. It has turned into another unknown to be afraid of, like a fear of what may lurk in the dark or long grass. There is so much space between the ground and the spot high in the sky with every possibility that I could fall at any moment.

The point is, I’m not afriad of flying, I’m not afraid of this happiness, I’m afraid of falling. I’m afraid of breaking bones and being unable to get back up. I’m afraid of getting hurt again when I’ve already forgotten and got rid of the burden of what hurt feels like. I have just been able to see what color really looks like again, and I’m afraid of the unknown time at which those colours may turn back to greys.

I am afraid of suddenly realizing where I am but not knowing how I got here. I am happy but at the same time it terrifies me.