I Never Open Up To Anyone, Again

I am a mistake. I am not supposed to exist in the dating world because I am not even sure myself that I can be in a committed relationships. I am so used to almost relationships that I knew I would be tossed to the side without a warning. I can talk about anything in this world yet never talk about feelings. People think I am open enough to talk about anything but little do they know that they could get a piece of my mind but never my heart.

I’ve learned how to turn off the part of me that reaches for hugs and gives unexpected compliments. I can come across as cold even if something sparks my interest a little. I don’t detach easily but I assume people will grow bored of me so I prepare myself for the worst. I tell myself that it’s always nice to meet different kind of people from all walk of life, but the truth is no one ever stays that long.

I have a shit-ton of baggage that I wouldn’t open up to anyone. I claim that I am not open to small-talk but the truth is no one is actually interested in the small little boring details of my life. I am a skeptic. I am cynical. I don’t believe in love at first sight and I am the kind of person who thinks romance movies are not realistic and too fairytale. Sometimes I act like nothing bothers me but I am soft on the inside. I take things personally, if you come close to my heart I will shut down my world completely and wouldn’t give anyone a chance to explain.

I am a mistake because I am going to hurt everyone that come close eventually. I will accidentally say the wrong thing or act the wrong way. I will go places without even thinking about inviting you and put the dates behind my unimportant schedules. I get scared easily, I will grow afraid that you might be the best thing that happened to me but I might somehow ruined them. I will run away or accidentally hurt you because I am afraid of being hurt.