I'm Sorry I Can't Love

It’s no secret that I enjoy spending time with you. I like how you could make me laugh so hard at random jokes. I love the conversation we had so randomly; it could be about a similar experience in the past and/or the point of view in the future. My schedule were all messed up by you, but I’m ok with that. I like the excitement I feel whenever my phone rings and your name appears on the notifications. I don’t know how you feel about me, but I felt the effort you’re trying to win over.

But I cannot fall for you... Cliche as it may sound, everything is great. You are the introvert I am looking for, you’re the one who has had experienced so much about life that you might understood many things behind the feelings I’ve hidden. Fairly, I thought you were the person I was waiting for; you were the person I wanted to treasure and hold onto. But my mind doesn’t felt this way, it reminded me of the broken pieces that I still held in me and that I still had a chapter that has yet to close.

I know I can still reply on your text messages, crap all the nonsense and make you happy for the time-being; but one thing is for sure; I still can’t love. My heart did beat for a second, but the fear was more than anything that I’ve built up walls and withdraw back into my shell. This year I’ve learned to stay in the state of stability, the feeling of relying on myself in every aspect makes me feel secure that no one could walk in and take them away. And I want to stay this way for a while.

I couldn’t deny that you stood out from the rest of the dates I’ve been trying to go out with over the past 3 years. I want to fall for you but each time I convince myself to give my heart another chance, my entire body would shake and it felt like it’s just gonna break apart anytime. I’ve already broken one person before that and I can’t be selfish to break another heart! And I cannot keep breaking something then apologize.