I’m Terrified Of Falling In Love With You

I’m scared. Scared to feel these emotions I haven’t felt in so long. I’m scared to feel them and have it not be reciprocated back. I’m afraid to fall in love, and have it all crash and burn, again. I haven’t felt this way in a while. I haven’t felt this way in years. And truth be told, it freaks me out a-lot!

I should be happy, right? I should be optimistic, I should be ecstatic, that I met someone who could make me look forward in life again, that my heart could actually still flutters, that I could actually feel butterflies in me each time we talks. At the same time, I’m afraid. I’m afraid that my feelings aren’t genuine, I’m afraid that he isn’t genuine. I’m afraid that he would withdraw all of the sudden and I would hit the floor again and had to go through another broken heart, another almost relationship!

It has been 3 years since I’ve dated someone with feelings. It’s been so long since my heart starts to beat again. And then you came along, I knew I was looking but you still came along without warning. He came along and changed something inside of me. I was given hope. My heart was given a chance again, that maybe after all, I would have a chance to love again.

He didn’t find me in darkness, he found me now at my happiest moment of life, that’s why I’m afraid. I’m afraid that when he walks away, I would tremble and fall back into darkness. It took me years to get out of depression and I’m afraid to fall into them again. I’m scared, I don’t know what to do. I knew if our conversation continues to roll on, I would start to fall for you, but I’m afraid. That’s why after all these years I never gone into a relationship after going on dates. And I don’t open up myself enough to those little secrets.

I am one person who is always clear on what’s going on in life but not to my own feelings. I just knew that after all those conversation, I felt different about you. A feeling that I had not felt in a long time.