Each Time Someone Let Me Go Without An Explanation

I’ve been moving through life a little bit quieter this week. I’m giving myself time and space to think through the real purpose of chatting online. I don’t drown out the thoughts with noise, yet I listen to them in the silence. I’m respecting the fact that no one ever takes conversation seriously online – that it’s okay to just flirt, joke and be unreal.

I open up my Tinder app less than 3 times throughout the week, because I don’t know what should I be looking out of the app, out of the conversation. I scroll through the people that has left since we say Good Night, should I start the conversation all over again or should I just delete my Tinder account. I can’t fix my life, and I thought that trying to act cheerful and happy could make me feel better and that conversation could roll on a little longer.

My phone has been quiet since the weekend we failed to make the meet-up! I’d been drowning in these thoughts of the online dating era. I’m drowning not knowing what to do or how to make things better. I want to be enough, I want to save a life and I want to know how to save my own life. But each time someone let me go without an explanation, I’ll always wish for more, I wish someone would be responsible enough to give the story a closure.