I’m Not Depressed, But I’m Not Happy Either

On most nights, I look at my own life and think there isn’t anything major that needs readjustment, except for the part that I want to try leaving abroad. I’m not as unhappy as the previous years, and things are going well for me. I am more mature (?) more successful (?) more confident (?) I thought I might have grown into a much better person.

But I still struggle to get out of bed each day and regret almost immediately after making plans with someone; I don’t think I’m depressed. But I don’t feel the happiness either. As soon as the high is over, I’m back at square one, feeling all bleh, feeling okay, feeling fine.

I don’t want to live with fine and it isn’t enough! On most days, I want to live a live that excites me, a life I can be proud of. I don’t want to keep feeling like this – balancing between happy and sad. I know I stood at the crossroad myself, because this is so much better than being depressed. But I kept working, I kept working towards authentic happiness.

I want to be excited about life, about meeting people, about getting excited over life! I want to feel like I have a purpose. Most importantly, I want to wake up everyday feeling happy!