21st century kind of love


In today’s dating world, you know someone’s life on Facebook or Instagram than they share to you on text messages or conversations. Relationships today are not much of paying attention to what we’re saying or what we do or even who our friends are. It’s no longer paying attention to the things we do privately but the things we share with the world.

I don’t want to have important conversations over texts and share live moments via Insta stories and video calls. I want to have deep conversations looking into someone’s eyes and I want to experience moments holding someone’s hand. I don’t want a connection over the internet! I don’t want to turn down dates because I am stuck with work, and I give myself an excuse not to fall in love with somebody.

I need to stop telling myself that timing is not right and finally take the leap of chance to fall into someone. I need to stop being afraid of labels or getting too close, of actually being loved. I need to finally understand the beauty of commitment and the value of love. I need to stop running and start giving chances. But until I get over the routine of a 21st century kind of love; easily replaced and forgotten, I don’t think I would be opening up my heart any sooner.