I am exhausted

I’ve stayed up till 3 AM losing sleep over the past few years, exhausted isn’t just enough to describe the state I am going through right now. I can’t even describe the level of tiredness I am feeling, it’s beyond physiological tiredness, it’s both psychological and emotional. I am tired of being strong, I am tired of putting up that smile on my face every day and being the strong woman.

On some nights, I just sit by the window, tight in the chest, feeling lost and unsure where to look for direction. I spent too long denying my own feelings. I never particularly set out to be this kind of woman, but life made me face my worst nightmares, I had to learn to be on my own because no one was there for me through my struggles, yet here I am, worn-out and lost, too damage and broken to even allowed someone to be there for me.

I had always been known as the infallible woman who seems to have the life together, who is able to do anything and everything. When others look at me they see me as competent and able, but my soul is exhausted. I never set out my life trying to prove myself as a strong woman, and now, it’s me who has become pale and worn out. I suppress my desires, thoughts and feel and I am cautious about giving my problems to anyone. I see myself as a burden in everyone’s life.

But the truth is, I need someone who’s just a little bit stronger than I am. I long to be taken care of, not financially, but I long for a strong arm around my shoulders, a soul that can hold me down, no matter the storm I endured that day. I am exhausted.