It's Been So Long, But I Still Dream About You

Last summer, I snuck him behind my busy schedule only to see him withdraw from the story himself. I was going through some rough patch of my life that I didn’t shared it with anyone, not even to him when our conversation was still constant. A lot was running on my mind and I have so many questions, was I not enough? I just want to isolate myself from the world.

I wouldn’t deny that I never did anything when he begins to walk out of the story, I thought that an ending would be a relief for us that you could move on to find someone who is more clear on her heart. On most nights, these guilt would haunt me for withdrawing from the story without a closure. More than a year later, I still dream of it often. I still dream of his face and wake up with tears feeling my heart sink deeper into my chest.

Last night, I received a text message from him asking me if I would married him next year. I flip through the message wondering if it was a wrong text. My heart sink deeper telling myself that I have no right to be part of the story anymore, convincing myself that we have our own goal. I will be okay again, and it was just a dream.