I just couldn’t decide!

Sometimes I crave connection with someone, to be around people who make me feel good. I want to love and be loved by the same person. I want to be someone’s center of attention and seek praise, attention, and approval. I long to be loved and understood.

Yet, most of the times, I can’t decide if I want to spend time with someone or just being left alone to drown myself in my own depression. I can’t decide if I should clear all my schedules for the weekend just to be ready for someone or just die on the couch alone and for the rest of my lives. I can’t decide if texting first would means I’m desperate and going on the second date means I’m willing to give my heart a chance. I just couldn’t decide!

I know, 50 years down the road, I’ll only regret the lips I didn’t kiss, the chances I didn’t take, the hearts I didn’t allow myself to intertwine with. But it’s ok, because I can tell myself that I’m the only person to blame because we never gather enough courage to take the leap of faith.