I thought I wouldn't remember today

We existed in the strange in-between of the possible and the probable. It was in the unsaid, in the expected, in the logical next steps. People around knows our existence but does not know us personally yet. It’s only a matter of time. We dated became we almost dated; almost doesn’t count for much. Almost doesn’t bridge the gap from not quite to yes.

When we almost date someone, it’s not because I’m only doing things by halves. We are still not fully open to one another, and we are still not fully sure about what the other half feels. Maybe we know how they feel but you still hold back there, because that’s human nature, isn’t it. We want to protect our hearts, we’re afraid of handing them over too readily and too soon.

At first I thought all I need is time to date someone again, and I thought I wouldn’t remember the little things that has happened around our dates. I thought I wouldn’t remember how we started and how I convince myself to give my heart a chance to feel again. The truth is, I thought my mind would keep pushing those who tries to come close to the heart but it didn’t. And I was conscious that it was exactly 2 years ago today, I convinced myself to give this heart a chance but timing and chemistry didn’t exploded it right.