I Haven’t Thought About You In A While

It took a long time for me to leave the thought of you behind. It was an effort, not an occurrence. I knew I shouldn’t have try to forget you, because that means more memories would be recall back to my mind. But this year, when I thought of you, it doesn’t mean I’m still holding on, it’s just a gentle reminder that I’ve finally learn to move on after letting go.

Each time you cross my mind, I thought of the ways that I could have done differently, not to you but to the people who comes into my life next. How could I convinced them to stay? How can I learn from every mistake I’ve made from the past. There never really was an us, but I did felt whole when I was with you, sadly whole doesn’t mean complete.

Now that it has been 6 years since you’re gone, I’ve find other ways to fill my time, other thoughts to fill my head. But every once in a while you creep back in, and when that happens I think about how long it’s been since I thought of you before, and each time the gap widens. And I’m proud of how far I’ve come to healing my broken pieces.