It Took Throwing Away Half My Stuff To Finally Figure Out How To Be Happy

Maybe throwing away stuffs isn’t really about just disposing the un-necessities and dusting off the dirt under the beds. Maybe it’s about apologizing to yourself for not loving yourself enough. Maybe it’s a wound that needed to bleed out. Maybe it’s a question in the heart that haven’t got an answered. Maybe it’s about throwing away all the emotions and thoughts and finally moved on. Because no matter how much surface work I did – no matter how high I climb the corporate ladder, no matter how hard I try to keep myself in shape, no matter how impressive feats I accomplished or incredible experiences I encounter; I am never going to be able to let those experiences in fully until my hearts are open and ready. And sometimes, in order to get to that place, I have to do a deep clean.

I have to open myself up, clear the dust out from the corners of my past and finally drag out all the filth I have been shoving under the beds. I have to painfully part ways with the feelings that no longer serve us and make room for the new – for the brighter and better and purer. I have to clear out the hearts in entirely before I can allow the seasons of my lives to keep changing.

And it has been winter inside of me for too long!