The Excuse I kept giving myself

Bad timing has always been the excuse I gave myself; but the truth is lack of feelings is the reason we never got together. The fear of taking risk is the reason we never got together. Hesitation to leave my comfort zone is the reason we never got together.

The truth is, I never truly open up myself to someone into my life and let them walk into my life. I’m afraid of making the sacrifices only to be left heartbroken, I am afraid of taking the leap. Because when I say that timing is wrong, I’m really saying that I’m not willing to take the risk and I presume that you are not good enough for me to leave my comfort zone. I am not ready to take the leap for love.

I blame the world that it’s been against my love story, that the universe is unfairly keeping me apart from the love life. But we know the truth that I chose to turn down dates from Valentine’s to New Year’s Eve, I chose to remain apart. I made the conscious decision not to date. But deep down inside of me, I was hoping that someone would break down the walls and my insecurities, I was hoping that someone could hug me tight when I tried to push them away, and whisper by my side to stop giving myself the timing excuse.