The Girl After Me

I hope you forgive me on the roller-coaster ride of emotion I’ve given you when you try to make way into my life. But I am really glad that you’ve finally met someone easier to love. And I hope she reminds you of sunshine and her smile would warms you up at night. I hope that your friends around you finally get to meet her in person.

And she’s finally easier to date, someone who knows what she wants and is willing to share her life with you. And it won’t be like when you met me. Your eyes won’t dance across her face with mysterious intrigue and she’s the girl you’ve been waiting for. You’ll be happy she’s been waiting for you. Unlike me, I had no idea what to expect.

But I’m still sorry that our story turns out to be a complicated mess. I hope she could heal the wound that wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place. And I hope you would forgive me for not knowing that I was actually playing with fire when I try to love with my broken pieces. I hope you eventually forget about us, about how I break something so naive because of my brokenness.

But I will not forget you, and I want you to know that my favorite flower has been tulips because of you. And I'll think of you each time I get tulips, to remind myself that I don't deserve love.