The Part I Desperately Try to Hide

There’s a part of me that I desperately try to hide, the one that no one knew about but every now and then it just creeps up unto me and I just want to withdraw from the world. I’ve mastered the art of pretending and hiding that version of myself, but I never knew when I would start pushing everyone away when everything is going on well. All of the sudden, life just closes down on me!

I will start to ignore all the text messages from the phone and stop accepting plans that he tries to make. It’s like all the moments that we spend previously laughing out loud, being comfortable with each day, it just stopped. Every cell inside of me starts to push him away, like I never want to see him again, and I questioned myself why did I put myself into this situation all-over-again! I start to hate Valentine’s where the thought-of-me triggers it all.

And this is the week, the week where my depression starts to hit me again. And when it happens, I just couldn’t find a solution to it. All I ever feel is very sick, I feel hungry but I don’t have the appetite to eat, I don’t have the energy to do anything and it just feels like I’m just dying on the couch waiting for the storm to pass so I can get back to my normal lives. I struggle to understand why couldn’t I just be normal like everyone else and happy all the time without the shadow of dark haunting me. I wish I could be that perfect person you deserve but there are many days that I just happen to be in battle against myself.