I’m Scared Of Letting You Love Me

I’ve been dodging these words for too long. Not because I don’t want to say it out loud, nor because I don’t feel it at all, but because I feel defenseless against my own heart if I put myself out there. Saying that I’m falling for someone puts my heart in charge instead of my brain; it means I’m powerless against my own thoughts. It means admitting that I am putting myself back at risk of falling back into depression.

And even so I wonder. Heartbreak. Haunted Memories. Commitment. These are still the first words that come to my mind when I think about the process I might need to go through again if things didn’t work out well. Those are the feelings that I’ve been running away, the scars that I tried to hid from loving too hard. Now that he’s knocking at the doorstep, he’s making me questions everything I had previously told myself not to put myself into again.

I wonder if I was so used to having you around in my life over the past one year, that our past collides so much that it was fate that might have brought us together but we were too blinded. That my days feel weird without your optimism, that watching the sunset again with you is something I’ve been craving to do since. It just strikes me that maybe this feeling is a lot bigger than I realized.

As much as I thought I was comfortable with each other presence yet distance apart, I’m still afraid on what the future holds. But as much as I try to hid you in my life waiting for me to figure out my heart, I can’t hide it any longer. The flowers delivery was a surprise, but my heart skip a beat knowing that I can no longer run from the story and finally learn to open up my heart to let someone in.