My Heart is Fragile

I know we’re both at the end of the line just waiting to take our friendship to the next level; and if this day ever come, please handle me with care. As ironic as it may sound, I am strong, yet I am also fragile. I’ve had my heart broken few times throughout this lifetime, cried buckets of tears, and wrote endless unposted letters and books after books of journals. I have been left in the middle of the story without a single explanation that I sometimes feel incapable of trusting my heart to anybody.

I have had my heart shattered into pieces before I get to label the friendship, but I have glued and stitched them back together over the years; I have also hid them very well that you can barely see the marks and cracks from the previous tragedies. So when we finally decide to take the step forward, I won’t need you to complete me because I will never be complete.

Please be patient enough to stay with me, my previous person all lose patient after all the battles and tragedies I’ve to go through every now and then with myself. Most of them only have one foot inside trying to check out on the situation leaving footprints behind my heart. I carry a lot of baggage, I should have emphasized from the very beginning that I am not to be handled by the faint-hearted. Please stay with me at times where I try to push everyone away.

I hope you can understand that I was force to be an independent woman, after years of career-fighting and being single, I have somewhat mastered the art of being alone. And I think you will be fine with that since you have been alone all these years too. You will find that I may not ask for your help most of the time, don’t assume that you’re not needed, don’t assume that I can deal with this easily on my own. Each time you asked “How’s my day?”, I have to muster all my courage to open my heart to let someone into my day.

Even though I would not ask you to be there, I secretly hope you would be there at the end of the day. I secretly wish that I could one day be someone’s first priority, I need to know what it is like to hear the words, “I will always choose you.” Please hold me tight so I know what is is like when someone finds it hard to let go of me.