Thank You For Staying with Me Even When It Wasn’t Easy

Thank you for staying with me when I didn’t make it easy, there are things in my head that convince me that I don’t deserve good stuff to happen. My anxiety takes a hold and drags me face down by my feet. I can’t seems to control it. I tried to change my outlook, but that’s not what this is. You stayed with me even when my mind is a hurricane and other people would be fleeing for higher ground. Thank you for never making me feel like a disaster.

Thank you for keeping a safe distance when others think I am pushing them away. I’m not used to having someone so close to my life. I’m not used to people sticking around for such a long time. I’m not used to talking about feelings to someone who genuinely wants to hear, that’s why I keep a journal. I needed someone to hear the rant of my day, the feelings I hid deep inside of me.

Thank you for staying with me when my world starts to close down on me. You try to think of ways to make me step out of my world. There’s a gentleness to your message, it beckons me, never forces. It lets me know I’ll be okay; and even in my messiness, you seems to be okay with it. I am not sure if you didn’t know is going on in my mind, but at least you are still there at the end of the day. And I am grateful for that.

I never how long someone will stay each time, but I thank you for sticking around longer than everyone else did.