When the Right Person Comes Along

How do you know whether the right person has come? Because I hope there’d be a sticker on its forehead that says “The One”, so that I wouldn’t be pushing everyone away. And I reminded myself that the right person won’t come into my life, reaching with one free hand while the other one is holding onto someone else.

I know that the right person won’t come into my life like a hurricane like how I imagined it to be. It wouldn’t crash into our life and disrupts the whole world. Rather, he would quietly walks into my life, and come just as they are. And he would make me feel safe to be who I am too – unfiltered, uncensored. I wouldn’t have to hide the wounded parts of me, my scars. I would give him the keys to my padlock heart where he would slowly navigate into my life.

I wouldn’t know right away that this is the right person, but one day it’ll hit me. We’ll be doing something together, laughing and I’ll realize how easy it is. The truth is, we both already felt that way but I am not ready to accept the fact that someone is already standing at the door waiting for me to accept this friendship at another level.