Thank You For Helping Me Open My Heart

For years, I couldn’t unwrap my heart to open up to someone after being left in the middle of the story. I questioned my existence that after all the texting and dates, I don’t deserve an answer, a closure to the storyI experienced what it feels like to have my heart shattered into million pieces. I felt anger, sadness and fear – so many broken emotions at once that I would never wish on anyone in a million years.

I stayed in darkness for years and I never learned to open my heart after that. I was certain that I did not want to put my happiness at risk again, that I did not want to make myself fall into depression again. Then you walked into my life. And for a long time, I wasn’t scared of going into this, and I took down pieces of my walls just to have a closer look. Even though I still had fear that in a moment, everything could crumble down, but there’s a little voice inside of me, telling me to give this one a chance.

And maybe because you’re still observing from a far distance on whether I am ready to take this friendship to another level. But really, you are what I really needed, I needed someone like you to see that there are good men out there. I needed someone like you who sees my reality than my fairytale. I needed someone like you who is reserved and quiet. You were different than my usual type, and maybe that’s why you didn’t scare me away.

I wouldn’t say I am healed from my broken pieces and finally learned to open up my heart, but I’m getting there. I believe life has put you in my life for a reason, and maybe this time it wants me to finally stay and stop running away. I don’t know where our story is going to go, but I’m going to start with Thank you, Thank You for helping me change my perception!