I'm the Girl who Overthinks

I’m the girl who overthinks, I am attentive to little detail – like the changes of voice in text, in the way someone act, I could felt almost instantly but I have to act like it’s just a sensitive six sense at work. But no, I don’t act like a detective trying to see behind the curtain, or explode a one-word answer as being mad or an ignore texts means they’re not prioritizing it; it’s nothing much personal.

I don’t come off as needy, and I sometimes crave for personal time to be alone with my thoughts. Maybe I have not got use to having someone in my life, that sometimes I still want to talk to my Atticus-Memory when life closes down on me. Sometimes it’s hard for me to believe that happiness can happen to me, that I’m always on the lookout to see if something is going to hit me hard even when it’s all going well. I’m afraid that happiness would slip away from my hand while holding on to it.

I constantly feel drained from the intensity of my mind that never stops throwing a tornado of thoughts at me. I wish there was an off-button but there’s not. I know it’s hard for me to really feel, but I’m thankful that this time he did not withdraw from the story. And even after repeating myself for the tenth time, he listens each time like it’s the first. I finally find someone who stays no matter how many time I tries to push him apart, and deep down I know he’s a keeper. I just need to convince myself that I have to finally let someone in.