What if I never learn to Love again?

I have a few memories stored in my brain like a time capsule that won’t ever turn off. But, little by little and day by day, I forget the sensations, the emotions, the knocking on my heart. I forget the little things that used to make me glow. I forget the way my hands felt safe in someone else’s palms. I forget the butterflies you get, the compliment someone gives, I forget how to react to those little sweet talk.

Even though I’ve been in relationships, I forget what it is like to be held, to feel comfort in having someone close to my heart and body. I can’t remember what it feels like to let someone kiss me so that I can whisper “I love you”. I am unsure if I don’t remember it or I don’t want to remember it. But I don’t want to walk into a new relationship carrying the baggage from the fail experiences from the past.

I do not only want to remember the big moments, but also the tiny perfect little ones. I want to let down my guards and compromise with someone, to structure my life around someone. I try not to do things alone, like going to the cinema, or going for my favorite meals. I want to learn how to share my likes and dislikes together, compromising each other preferences. I have been going solo throughout all these years that I don’t know what it is like to do things together as a couple.

I want to remember what it feels like to believe in happy endings, to believe in the storybook ending that everyone hopes and prays for. I don’t remember that version of me. The version that smiled from ear to ear. The version of me that had no anxiety. The version of me that looked at him and felt my heart skip a beat. The version of me that truly, truly knew what love as. The version of me that knew that big love could actually happen to someone like me. The version of me before reality hits me and/or before my heart was broken.

I am starting to wonder what happens if I never learn how to love again?