Happily Never After

At first, it felt like a leap of faith; that I’m finally taking the effort to move forward with someone I thought my heart is incapable to do. I thought that maybe this time with the pandemic around I would finally learn to stay but I was wrong. I was wrong about my heart because deep down inside of me I still want to leave when the pandemic ends. I still prefer the distant we kept apart over the past one year.

I am always going to be a happily never after. A dream not meant to come true for people who wants to move forward in life, to start a family and move in together. I try to express myself with the words in between but you don’t seems to be getting the message and I don’t want to hurt another soul, to break another heart just like that. I try to make my hint as obvious as possible, to let you realize that I’m not the right one.

I knew I’ve always been a bad idea and I never thought the cupid would one day wake you up, I am not going to push you away neither would I take a step forward. But what I want you to do is not invest too much feeling into this relationship, to let it be just like how we were over the past 1 year. Just know that no matter where life takes me, I’ll never forget you even with my very limited memory storage.