I Can’t Love Anyone Anymore

I am starting to think if I am incapable of loving someone; I just can’t love anyone anymore

I thought all I ever need is some time to fall in love, to go head over heel over someone again. I thought time heals all wound but the closest I can feel in my new relationship is comfortable (?) And I wonder if comfortable is even sufficient to sustain a relationship.

I compare the way I used to feel about someone, I read the words I pen down in my journal six or seven years back, and even after I knew I was losing this person I could feel the heartbeat that was deeply in love in something. I was in love and nothing else mattered to me, and I linger a little longer than usual even after it ended. Even though it was a heartbroken post, but I could feel so much love on the younger me.

Throughout all these years I have let go and move on with my life the way I should, but I never felt the way I feel for you in anyone anymore. I felt like my heart is just incapable of loving anymore; I just can’t express the way I used to love because the closest I could define my new relationship is comfortable. I am trying so hard to find the feeling of happiness and love that I once felt, but it just feels like once it’s broken it will never be whole again.

I always thought all I ever need is the right person to let me open up again, but after all the right one that comes and go, I am starting to realize that maybe my heart is just incapable to love someone again.