My Never-Ending Thought Makes It Hard To Plan For The Future

I find myself very hard to commit to future plans because my mind changes by the day. Today, I might be super excited about the idea of taking a road trip with my friends one month down the road. But when the time comes to actually follow through on those plans, there’s no telling what kind of mood I’m going to be in. I might not gather enough energy to leave the house, I might be nervous about the conversations to make during such a long drive. I might be dreading the idea of being stuck in the car for such long period with no escape, no chance to leave early, no way out of the situation.

However, it isn’t that I take last second plans well too. I need time to prepare for what I’m about to get myself into. I need to look up directions, get myself into the right mindset. I never agree to plans made at the last second because there’s never enough time to prepare myself mentally. I wish my brain worked differently. I wish even the simplest conversations weren’t such a chore for me.

I would never know if I’d wake up the next morning feeling stress out about the day and even if I don’t wake up feeling that way, I worried that something will ruin a perfectly fine day out of nowhere. I turn down tons of events, adventures and experiences because my mind just couldn’t think straight. Some days, I can act carefree and funny. Other days, I can barely make eye contact without wanting to run and hide. I never know what to expect from myself. I never know when anxiety is going to hit me next.