Things I Could Never Tell You

You always like to know about my previous relationships, I gave you a glimpse on my previous chapters, the short-lived romance and the tears of joy but never the pain that shattered my young heart. A man whose idea I couldn’t get enough of. There was just something about him that excited me so much, that I wished I never have to live through October each year where all the memories would be trigger back.

Even though I gave you a glimpse of the real bit of me, but there’re still the truths that I never let anyone discover about me. I put it in a way that makes someone think they know all of me in order for them to not dig my life further. I’m the girl who never let anyone into the real and vulnerable side of me, I never let anyone, or anything or love get to me again. I sometimes laughs at young love and the youngsters who believe in happily ever after.

But then I get frustrated over myself that I never open my heart again, not even a dream or wish that I could have a deep connection with someone that I could wish to last for life. To imagine the days we grow old together, taking pleasure from the mundane that we are then left with. I just thought that I’m young, I’m free and I’m not tied to anything for the rest of my life. I still have a whole life ahead of me, I remind myself and when the stress creeps in, I still want to be carrying on with my life alone despite all else.

I ask myself when it is possible that I wouldn’t need much but could just understand what it’s like to live life to the fullest, to have no regrets, to look into someone’s eyes and without a single word, feel that connection that’s only felt by two loving, self-aware humans. And that’s the one thing I could not assure you because to me, it’s still quite a puzzle. I am not sure if I needed more time, patience and perhaps more time to live this life at my own pace, to be okay and ready, and make the most of my being human.

But this is one thing I want to tell you is to not invest all your feelings into me, not when I’m still doubting myself.