I'm not running away, it was destined

Ever since I got in a relationship, I don’t look forward for the weekend anymore. I hate making plans with someone, I hate going on dates and getting out the house all over again. I thought it was my anxiety acting up to me all over again but I know it’s just an excuse I put up for myself for not being able to commit in a relationship. I thought all I need is time to be emotional available once again, but I can’t, and I just felt drained and exhausted each time.

I sat on my chair looking out to the city light every night, I don’t understand how everyone gets in a relationship to be happy except me. I stare into my calendar and wish that I could rewind time where I can decide again. My programmer turn up earlier than he should, and another one turn up an hour later. But she stayed and chat, she has a hobby of metapsychic too, where she starts reading my palm.

I always like to know where my future is heading to, so I don’t get sidetracked by my lives too much. I always wanted to know whether my feelings and the things I want is going to lead me to the right place or it's just my impulsive thoughts. Her words slowly put back the smile on my face, I was feeling calm for the first time since I got into a relationship. I excitedly share the news to my co-workers and my mum later at night.

I’d like to say that my relationship status didn’t stress me out for that night. However, I had it categorized differently now. Even know I’m glad I am never going to have a future with someone, at least I know I don’t have to carry a burden over my shoulder for the rest of my lives. I felt peace and could finally feel myself. It was my own romantic chapter that I love to take it down the road all by myself until the end of this lives. It may sound like I’m running away from my feelings, but it’s destined that I was build this way.

I guess I owed it to myself, that my love only belongs inside my head and not meant to share to anyone.