I Keep Convincing Myself to Love Again, But I Can’t


I always thought that all I need is time to finally let my guard down, to finally be able to see the light in someone’s eyes again, to stare at a smile that makes me feel so comforting and looking forward to make memories together. I thought I would one day believe that love exists.

But I can’t, and it just feels like the more time we spend together, the more suffocated I feel. I’ve been feeling that I never have a second to myself. I find myself looking for excuses on why I can’t hold onto a relationship anymore, that I keep giving myself reasons after reasons to stay, but my conscious mind know that it’s all a lie. That the truth is, each time I find happiness, he was never in the picture.

I find myself hoping that he would ends this relationship so that I do not have to be the villain in the story, again. I dream of the day where I can be single again, I dream of the day where I no longer have to put on the mask and go on dates after dates. I know deep down inside it isn’t because of the past relationship, but that’s how I was build.

It isn’t that I’m not brave enough to love again, but I don’t want anyone to waste all their time and effort on one thing that would never have a Happily Ever After.