Don't Ask Me Why I’m Still Single

As my twenties are coming to a close, I have been asked this question a lot – Why are you still single?

In the past, I would answer this sarcastically that I am single because the cupid haven’t decide to hit me yet. But as I age and people around me start moving on to the next stage of life, I start to question myself if the reasons that I once believed, are still valid now? After a few round of relationships or almost relationships, I start to think that I should not even exist in the dating world.

I always knew I’ve been the toxic one when it comes to relationships these past few years, and at one point of life I even question myself if I still like boys? I never give a shit about what guys feel and I tell them straight in their face that they disrespect women in so many ways, where they think it’s a mature way to ask sex or harass questions. The more I talk to guys, the more I am certain that why I rather want to stay single than to live up to their mentality and stupidity.

And it will only gets more aggressive from here. I will not feel less about myself and give in because I do not need to feed the loneliness inside. I will not feel less confident because guy give me every reason to doubt myself. I will not make myself unhappy because everyone else is happy with their other half. It may not feel right, but women deserve every right to be respect whether or not they’re single or attached.

So, if you were to ask me again – “Why am I still single?” Because I don’t live up to half the shit men put up to, and until they give enough respect to the world and woman, I’m perfectly well with living up to my own standards.