I Still Hope that I'd One Day be Ready for a Relationship

For as long as I remember, I’ve never done the whole relationship thing for more than a year.

I’ve always been the girl who enjoys dating without the labels and/or commitments to one person not because I want to cheat, just so that my mind would not calculate the risk of falling into darkness again. I often look at women with their beautiful body features, carrying a child in her with the love of her life with awe and admiration. Yet I couldn’t do a single thing out of the 12 Things for a Basic Relationships.

I sometimes imagine if my numb heart would ever learn to open up to another human being again, to let him stand by my side on my best and worst days, who’d laugh at my dumb jokes, to speak so openly about anything and everything. But then I remember I have had that... just that I’ve forgotten what it is like to open up my heart again.

But with this said… there must be a reason why I get lost in the words of love poetries. A reason that whenever I meet an elderly couple I insist on hearing the full tale of how they met. Because I’m trying, I’m trying to find the keys to my padlock heart, that there’s a part of me that longs to give and receive love. A part of me that, although may have forgotten, is still capable of connecting with another soul and creating an emotionally charged relationship.

Because when I imagine myself in the next decade, I still envision myself living in a warm house with husband, and eventually children. Maybe I just have to try harder to break the layers and the lock that I’ve hid in me. I need to try harder to let someone come close to me, to believe that I would not be leave in the middle of the story, to start feeling again.