I Act Like A Bitch Because I'm Heartless

I might take too long to answer texts. I might tell people I’m busy when anyone tries to date me. I might hold myself back from telling part of me and staying in a little longer. I’m not pushing people away because they annoy me. I’m pushing people away because I’m worried about people coming too close that pieces of my sharp edges might hurt them.

Whenever someone tries to make way into my heart, they end up being wounded by pieces of me. They would have to learn to get over something that would not have any happily ever after, they would have to experience what it means to lose something while grabbing on to it. I don’t want anyone to see me walk away and never look back because my heart has been numb since.

I wish I could turn my emotions back on like a light switch and enjoy the little moments with people, but that is impossible for me. I thought I have heal, but the truth is I only kept running away from the truth. The stubborn heart doesn’t forget even the brain already does. I know I can come across as heartless at times, but I guess that was how I rebuild myself to be.

I used to wear my heart on my sleeve, but now I’m uncomfortable expressing my emotions. I pretend to be cold, I keep my expectations low so I never end up disappointed again. It doesn’t make sense anymore but the truth is not feeling anything is as suffocating as feeling too much!