Emotionally Unavailable

I was smiling at my phone one evening after receiving a text, why do I have the tendency to fall for emotionally unavailable people.

I wanted this. I was attracting this no commitment communication. The pattern was too obvious that I like how he never try to date me every week, how we have conversation but never deep enough to dig in the wounds, how I could crap the nonsense without thinking if he’s into me. The pattern is too obvious that he’s emotionally unavailable and I’m willing to linger in such toxic communication because the truth is, I ain’t any better.

I have always been attracted to men who treated me like shit, who are almost always unavailable for me because as much as they’re unavailable to me, I am unavailable to them too. I sometimes left the conversation on read for days that I might have forgotten to text back. I don’t give out on my contact number and/or added them as friend on Social Medias. If we were anything, we were just strangers that talk.

This is my kind of unavailable because it’s safe that you never have to invest into feelings, to share your time or to celebrate birthdays or anniversaries. Our hours and days are numbered, but we chose to spend them with each other and get back to our lives without needing an explanation. I know that THIS isn’t going to lead me to any Happily Ever After. I’m almost thirty and I’m still doing things that my future self would curse me for.