If You Were Real

Would you believe me if I told you that my heart skipped a beat for a second? My heart has been numb for a few years since, yet you make me awake at such a short moment. My past had led me to believe that I wouldn’t experience this feeling again. Yet I found myself letting you run your fingers over me even though I hadn’t yet open up myself and I still can’t decide what’s going on right now.

I shared part of my thoughts and secrets with you. Things I never thought I would tell anyone. And I guess I did that because I knew you’d never understand and that it allowed me to breathe again after holding it inside of me after all these months. I told you about my boundaries and the wall I build and I was just wishing for a change in feel.

But I still have to distant myself, I have to take a break from the nonsense I’ve put myself into, for allowing myself to go beyond my boundaries. Either way, I thank you for the short glance of feelings you put into me but you still show me no reason to trust. I think that people come in our lives for a reason. Maybe your reason was to show me what it’s like to let my guard down. You reminded me that I still have a soft spot living inside of me.

I’ve to distant myself now because who I truly need is not someone who can only make my heart flutter but also someone who would wants all of me. Not just a piece of me.