There is No Timeline for Matters of the Heart

I was chatting with a friend few days back where I learn that he still has not move on from his past relationship for almost 6 months now. I understand that everyone has an opinion on how long it takes to recover from a breakup, but I was there, I’ve experience the pain of trying to move along to the next chapter alone.

He told me the exact same words that I wish upon the universe for myself, to not have feelings ever again, to vow not to get married in this lifetime but those are words that we would regret 10 years down the road. We all know that adulthood is hard and that we wish we do not have to grow up in this lifetime, yet his logical mind knew that we cannot cling on to the past.

There is no way anyone could help get over a heartbreak, but I still gave him the words I wish someone would have told me back then or probably those are words that I needed to hear for myself right now. I wish someone would tell me that feeling heartbroken is better than feeling numb. I wish someone would show me that heartbreak isn’t all about living in the darkness but knowing ourselves a little more, so that we can do better in the future.

I know we all say things without our logical mind when we are heartbroken, but I sincerely hope that the reason that you do not want to get marry in this life isn’t because of a lost of faith in love. The truth is, time heals all wounds, but it doesn’t erase them. Pain leaves a permanent mark that seems to never fade, we call them memories.