I Know We’re Not Forever

I always knew I would not be able to make it to this day – One full year with someone, to share the initimacy, the cuddliness, to let someone into my life again. I know you probably should have move on and remove any trace of me in your life, but I never want to forget you. Even though we are a short-lived memory, it is still a part of an important journey of mine. 

The thoughts of you has prompt up quite frequent lately, maybe because all the memories from last July has to do with you a-lot. My anxiety has gotten much better lately, I don’t have the world close down on me when the thought of you appear. The day I decide to let go of our relationship was the day I am trying to get over you. I know there’s nothing to do with closure but emotionally I’ve been suffering to calm my heart down. 

As I stare out the windows, I wonder what plans you would have in mind for the upcoming events? Do you ever think about the times we shared laughing? When my friends asked me about you, it always go, He’s the perfect man, there’s nothing wrong with him, it has always been me. He’s financially stable, he loves his mom and friends, he’s intelligent, he’s romantic. If I were to find one flaw to define him was choosing me as his other half.      

The picture I saw of us and/or anyone I might end up with was never permanent because of my anxiety. I kept trying to convince myself that I could, but each time I only get everyone more wounded than before. The past year has been the absolute best and worst of my life, but I know that each time I find happiness, you were never in the picture. But that doesn’t mean I was never happy when I was with you, you’re still the perfect guy that I define to my friends when they ask about my ex. 

You’ve loved me even when I couldn’t love myself. I’m just lucky in this lifetime to have cross your path, but I still hope you find happiness and love without me. This is 1-Year-Anniversary to us.