I Wish You Were Here

I dreamt of the warmth of your body against mine, embracing me, holding on to me whispering by my ear telling me that you are here to sooth me through my storms, that you are here to stride into battle alongside me, holding my heart in your hands to tell me that I’m never alone in this lifetime.

I felt the presence of you so real, wrapping me in your warmth until all of my fears fade away. I felt the presence of your touch to tame the emptiness in my heart, to ignite warmth and comfort, even when I tries to push you away. I felt the presence of your voice whispering in my ear, to reassure my thoughts that the pain is temporary and it would eventually all go away.

But as I woke up before the break of dawn, all I can see is a painful mirage that reminds me of the ache I still had on my arm from the vaccine I had earlier that day. I calm my soul that maybe I long for someone to hold me when I felt all the pain inserted into my arm with no one to hold on to. That I was reminded once again that I’ve to learn to stand with my fear alone, I have to bear with my pain alone, I have to stay with my darkness alone.

That I would never find another to heal the cracks in my heart as I search for wholeness again.