Keeping the faith

Keep the faith! There’s a plan for all of this, a random stranger online kept telling me this. We might all feel the lowest we’ve ever felt right now, like the world is crashing down on us. The days seem to drag together and happiness seems so impossible to find. I wonder what’s the point to all of this – Why do I find it hard to breathe, why does it hurts to live, what could possibly be the reason? 

With the pandemic, there’s nothing to look forward to. But he repeated day after day to just keep the faith and trust the timing of life. That feelings are temporary and it will all get better soon. We all struggle, just that this time it just feels like the whole world struggles together. Which is why you have to believe that things will get better. 

Yet every night I am constantly on the brink of tears just waiting for that one wrong word to send me into a downhill spiral. I try to keep myself socialize even during the lockdown, to ensure I don’t hit myself on the wall too many times, to just learn how to breathe all over again. I may not understand the struggles of life, but I hope that one day when I look back, it will all make sense. Maybe when I have this all figure out, I would be thankful for the struggles. I would be thankful that it made me stronger and hopefully wiser. 

I am learning to calm the voices in my head, to enjoy the company of having someone close and recognize all the good in life. I hope that this pandemic is here to make us here all stronger and hopefully there is a plan for all of this or an end.