No Matter What, I’ll Light You Up

I’ve always know that I am never an optimistic person to begin with but I will do whatever it takes to not let someone fall into darkness. It is important to me that even when no one has ever cheered me up, I would like to share with them the words I wish so badly someone would have told me when I needed to hear them. 

I can sometimes hear my broken pieces shattered when I have to put on the smile in the face telling them they could get through the pain, to lift the spirits of those around me. Just like how the Food Bank charity suddenly reach out to me to help raise the awareness for “Suicidal Prevention”. I always help out in charity because I want to remind myself that I still have so much more than the world has. 

I never wanted the world to view me with praise and reverence. In fact, I am almost always the forgotten one in the group, but it doesn’t matter to me because I feel comfortable being invisible. I just hope that people could stand back up on their feet after life has hit them after and again, that pain is only temporary and they are not alone in this. That there’s still love in the world, there’s still light. 

I cannot promise that I will not fall in deeper with you, but I tend to be the one my friends turn to when they’re feeling lost, or down, or defeated and know that I will always be there to lend my shoulders and ears, and also not forget to brighten up their spirits again. I want to remind them how far they’ve come, how they can always try again and find the courage to love again. 

I may be filled with darkness, but I would never want anyone in a million year to feel what I’ve felt. Therefore, no matter how dark my days are, I would still try to be the light hopefully to brighten up a little corner of the world. I just want to remind someone that no matter how dark the world is out there, I am here to put on that smile, to spread a little more love and to listen.