What I Learned from How I Met Your Mother

I finally finish watching 9 seasons of How I Met Your Mother, and even though I don't quite like the ending to the show, I got an important message out of that show; everything we go through so young in life is all about waiting for the person who we are suppose to spend the rest of our lives with. And the bigger picture is every single mistake we make, person we encounter, and every hardship we go through brings us exactly where we are suppose to be.

I usually think that all my friends are happy, in love and have everything in the world going for them. But the truth is, everyone is carrying some baggage at a different time, we just don’t know them. Some people is trying to get over a relationship, some people are waiting for a promotion; we are all waiting for something but the sitcoms remind us that while we are constantly waiting for something, we shouldn’t forget to live in the moment too.

How I Met Your Mother reminded me that like Ted, I could have settle in for someone who was nice, but I didn’t want to settle in with someone who made me feel stuck, someone who I wasn’t a hundred percent comfortable with. Most importantly, I didn’t want to settle in someone who couldn’t bring out the best in me. I want to wait for someone who would let me open up to love again; because that 9 seasons of sitcom has taught me the best part of waiting is that someone is waiting for me too.