I Hope I Never Forget to Try Again

I hope you experience the kind of love that makes you so flooded with it that you want to give it to everyone around you, a friend told me that recently, the one that makes you happy and content to the extent that you want to make everyone around you feel exactly the same way.

I wish I could experience the kind of love that makes me blossom and glow too, the one that makes me feel so damn comfortable in my own skin, the one that I don’t need to apologize for who I am, the one that makes me fall in love with myself and with the world once again. I wish I could feel safe and at peace without feeling the storm raging inside of me when someone tries to come close.

I wish I could experience the kind of love that makes me remember what love actually feels like, the butterflies feel before a date arrives, the one that would makes me let my guard down and believe in love again. The ones that makes me softer and gentler, the one that lets me drop all of my fears and makes me go fearlessly into life.

I hope this year I will finally convince myself to let go of all the past and not dwell on the hurt. I hope that this is the year I learn to trust again, to let love change me for the better. I hope that I am able to acknowledge the fact that I am worthy of this kind of love. But it’s okay if I turn into a raging storm again, because I know at the very least I’m still trying, I’m still trying despite the fear that has been eating me up.