How Did I Fall In Love With You

I miss him. I waited for the weekend just so that I could have him hug me all over again. But here I am looking for myself in the mirror unable to say what I so desperately wanted to say. You called me, silently waiting for my presence, but I am afraid to take just that little step forward, and so did you. I knew that your arms around me would smother the flames, and that your fingers walking over me would reignite them in a completely different way.

But I have anxiety, so I swallow all the words inside of me and ignore the fact that I don’t know when I am able to see you again. The funny thing is that I had clear off all my schedules just to hang out with you. I would have told you that I want you, and that ever since you left all that I can think about is your body against mine.

I would have told you on how hard life has hit me recently, but I knew you wouldn’t be interested to hear them. I would have told you that I have miss you since you were transferred away from work since last June. I would have told you that you had awakened something in me that I had previously thought I wasn’t capable of feeling. I would have told you that I miss the awkward silence we shared but the soul I needed to presence to calm my raging storm.

I’d constantly give into you because I thought that you made me feel something. I’d allow you to walk all over me because I’d rather have your footprints on my heart than to feel nothing at all. What I am doing is toxic, but I didn’t try to stop it. Seeing you the other day sparked some of that heartbeat inside my soul again, when I thought I couldn’t feel. I’ll never admit I miss you because I shouldn’t but just between us, I think part of me already did.